The TheClaimsDesk.co.uk “Partner sites” include but are not limited to Fivedeadlysins.co.uk, and YourLondonLegacy.com
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the policy shall not apply retroactively.
What information do we collect?
- The Claims Desk Ltd collects personally identifiable information from you when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. For example, by completing a “Contact Us” form, signing up for our email list, or leaving a comment, we may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help us get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary. This information will be retained by The Claims Desk Ltd.
- The Claims Desk Ltd collects non-personally identifiable information about your activities when you visit our website.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites, to send it content and other information;
- The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”);
- The date, time, and duration of a website visit;
- If a computer accesses a page on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non- TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites page;
- Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1);
The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites; and
- The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites to a computer. The Claims Desk Ltd does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites are used.
- Some pages on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non- TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites services. For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites pages:
- These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information. We do not knowingly use third-party tools that place a multi-session cookie prior to the user interacting with the tool, for example by playing an embedded video.
How do you collect the information?
- Personally identifiable information is submitted by you into the forms on our websites.
- The Claims Desk Ltd uses a third-party analytics providers including but not limited to Google Analytics to analyze the data collected through the session and persistent metrics cookies to enhance the website, our services, and our advertising. The third-party analytics provider does not receive personally identifiable information through these cookies and does not combine, match, or cross-reference TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites information with any other information.
- The Claims Desk Ltd uses web measurement and customization technologies to make TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using the website. This means that when you visit a page on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk or a partner site, the internet browser on your computer may download and save a small file (commonly called a “cookie”) so that our website can recognize your specific computer and browser when you use TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites in the future. These technologies fall into two categories, based on the length of time they remain active:
- Single-session cookies last only as long as a web browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the data files on your computer are deleted.
- Multi-session cookies last beyond a single session of browsing a website; this allows a website to recognize a computer or user for defined amount of time.
- www.TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites use the following web measurement and customization technologies:
- Session cookies are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through the site, facilitating the use of user accounts, and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used.
- Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites, which can improve a user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits. When a visitor views a welcome, also known as a “landing page” – TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites sets a persistent cookie to prevent them from seeing that page repeatedly. This cookie does not collect personal identifying information. TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites sets other persistent cookies to measure website metrics, such as which pages are popular and how often people visit the website. These cookies do not collect personal identifying information.
How do you use the information?
- Site activity information.We keep track of the actions you take, such as the pages you visit, how long you visit, the links you click on, form submissions, and downloads.
- Access Device and Browser Information.When you access our site from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- Cookie Information.We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make our site easier to use and to make our advertising better. For example, we use them to store your email address or login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to our site. We also use them to confirm when you reach certain pages on our website (like a download or checkout page). Cookies are used to tell us when you are interacting with our advertisements and to personalize the ads you see about us.
- Email Marketing.The Claims Desk Ltd maintains several lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of an The Claims Desk Ltd email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our list subscribers to persons or organizations outside The Claims Desk Ltd. Messages sent from The Claims Desk Ltd to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed. Our email analytics providers also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened, at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
- When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site. TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.Below is the current list of official The Claims Desk Ltd pages on third party websites.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Marketing Communications from Us
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages from us. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) for products and services are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) for these products and services, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications. To cancel your account email info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
We may contact you by telephone, with your consent where applicable, for marketing purposes (including by automatic dialer and/or prerecorded message).
If you do not want to receive marketing calls, please contact info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk You do not need to agree to receive automated marketing phone calls or texts from us to use our website TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and partner sites.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the later of (i) the date on which you terminate your use of the Services or (ii) May 25, 2018, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer.
Where the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, applies, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. To exercise any of your rights, email info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information;
- we are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
Restriction of Processing to Storage Only
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal information as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of The Claims Desk Ltd or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from The Claims Desk Ltd
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
Use of Testimonials
In accordance to with the FTC guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following: Testimonials that appear on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way. They are individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
The testimonials displayed in any form on this site (text, audio, video or other) are reproduced verbatim, except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened. In other words, not the whole message received by the testimonial writer is displayed when it seems too lengthy or not the whole statement seems relevant for the general public.
The Claims Desk Ltd is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk. The Claims Desk Ltd is not a forum for testimonials, however provides testimonials as a means for customers to share their experiences with one another. To protect against abuse, all testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by management of The Claims Desk Ltd. The Claims Desk Ltd does not share the opinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk – the opinions are strictly the views of the testimonial source.
The testimonials are never intended to make claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. Any such claims, implicit or explicit, in any shape or form, have not been clinically tested or evaluated.
What control does the customer have over their personal information?
- You can unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any email communication we send you. If you want us to remove all personal information – including name, email, mailing address please contact info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk with your request to delete your profile.
- You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our site. Before blocking cookies – we highly recommend reading why cookies are good here:
- You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here.
To opt-out of Facebook advertising visit –https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748
To opt-out of Google advertising visit – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
To opt-out of Perfect Audience advertising visit – http://ib.adnxs.com/optout
How do you protect the information?
- We take reasonable precautions to protect our site and information automatically collected by TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites or voluntarily submitted to TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites. For example, we restrict access to information collected by or submitted to TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to The Claims Desk Ltd accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staff who administer those accounts.
- We also utilize commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites. We periodically review our processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for our website.
- Children and Privacy on TheClaimsDesk.co.uk and our partner sites: We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please contact us at info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk
- Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, The Claims Desk Ltd uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Claims Desk Ltd makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contain on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided ‘as is’ without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall The Claims Desk Ltd or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if The Claims Desk Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website,
please contact us here info[at]theclaimsdesk.co.uk
The Claims Desk Ltd Phoenix House 9 Birkbeck Road, London, United Kingdom, NW7 4BP